VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
Be a leading global University department in training, research and innovation for Accounting and Finance.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
To provide innovative education, training, research, and consultancy services for sustainable community empowerment.
PHILOSOPHY OF THE DEPARTMENT
The department philosophy are derived from those of The Co-operative University of Kenya and are founded on:-
- The philosophy of producing leaders and managers with capacity to solve Accounting and Finance related problems and issues as guided by universal co-operative principles, values and ethics;
- Providing high quality and relevant academic and professional training to the society;
- Providing the most adaptable and suitable means to improve the social, moral, economic and professional status of an individual being and the whole society;
- Linking education, knowledge, faith and reason for better human interaction and societal harmony.
- Promote research, consultancy and dissemination of new knowledge in Accounting and Finance.
- Develop at least two (2) academic programmes each year.
- Enhance effective teaching by ensuring 100% syllabus coverage in all units.
- Review and harmonize course outline for the common units
- Acquire at least one (1) international collaboration each year
- Acquire at least one (1) local collaboration each year
DEPARTMENT DELIVERY CHARTER
|Response to enquiries / suggestions||Clarity of request or wish and full disclosure of what is required.||Free||i) Verbal enquiries within a day
ii) Electronic enquiries within two (2) days
iii) Postal enquiries within seven (7) days
|Developing content and updating the University website||As per the university communication policy||Free||Within 24hrs upon approval|
|Marketing of the University programmes and events using various mediums||Approved programmes and admission schedules from the responsible schools||As per the approved budget||Within three (3) days of approval|
|Admission of Students||Diploma C-; Degree C+; Master Degree – Bachelor’s degree at 1st or 2nd Upper Class or other qualification considered equivalent by Senate, and; Ph.D. – relevant Master’s degree.||Application fee: Diploma: Kshs. 500; Bachelors 1,500/-, Masters & PhD Kshs.2,000/-||Within 8 weeks of close of the advert|
|Teaching and examinations||Registration to relevant Programme. Class attendance. Proof of payment of tuition and other fees.||As per the CUK fee payment policy||As per Semester schedules.|
|Issuance of results slips||on successful Completion of semester||free||Twenty (20) working days after the senate board of examiners approval|
|Issuance of Academic Transcripts||Completion of academic year||Free||Thirty (30) working days after the end of academic year senate board of examiners approval|
|Issuance of Academic Certificates||Successful completion of academic programmes||Free||Within 30 working days after award|
|Conferment of awards||Successful completion of academic programmes||Payment of graduation fee as per the graduation announcement||As approved by University Senate|
|Handling of Students Disciplinary Cases||Appropriately submitted cases||Free||Completed Within 30 days|
|Post graduate supervision||i) Successful development and presentation and approval of a proposal ii) Timely submission of progress reports, presentation in conference, the thesis by student as per set timelines/schedules||Upon payment of the semester fee as per the fees payment policy||Within two (2) weeks after receiving a project or thesis|
|Postgraduate Thesis Examination||Final Thesis signed by the student and supervisor
Appointment of Examiners
|Upon payment of the appropriate
|As per the Post Graduate Handbook|
To provide education that develops leaders, managers, academicians and other professional with inclination to apply cooperative philosophy to solve community, national and international development problem.
DEPARTMENT CORE VALUES
The following department core values are aligned with those of the University
- Quality and excellence