Duration of the Programme
The Programme will run for a period of 4 years for 8 semesters
Mode of study
Full time and part-time via IODEL
- Institutions of higher learning
- Government ministries
- Cooperative sector and banks
- Research institutions
- Non-governmental organizations
- Self-employment as a consultant
Candidates wishing to study for Bachelor of Co-operative Business must satisfy any of the following minimum requirements for admission to the university and Faculty of Co-operatives and Community Development.
- Be a holder of KCSE (or equivalent examination) certificate with a minimum aggregate of C+ and a minimum of C in both Mathematics and English or Kiswahili,
- Be a holder of KACE certificate with a minimum of two principal passes and a minimum of a credit pass in Mathematics at KCE,
- Be a holder of a relevant diploma with a credit pass that is recognized by the University senate.
- Be a holder of any other qualification accepted by senate as equivalent to any of the above.
No candidate shall be registered for the for Bachelor of Co-operative Business without satisfying the minimum University requirement
Credit transfers shall be accepted for the purposes of student mobility and recognition of prior learning subject. The credit transfer;
- Shall only be accepted from accredited institutions and programmes;
- May be permitted up to a maximum of 49% of the core course units for similar programmes at the same level.