CDRI has played a central role in facilitating the University to undertake the following initiatives to fulfill its mandate regarding Co-operative Development:
- Signed an MOU with the Ministry of Industrialization and Enterprise Development;
- Partnered with the Co-operative Alliance of Kenya (CAK) and the Germany Co-operative Development Organization (DGRV) on a project to strengthen agricultural Co-operatives in Kisii and Kirinyaga districts;
- Signed MOUs with the three County Governments and negotiating with others with the intention to sign MOUs with all the 47 Counties in Kenya to enable CUK contribute towards the development of Co-operative enterprises at County level;
- Signed an MOU with SACCO Societies Regulatory Authority (SASRA) to build the capacity of Deposit-Taking SACCOs in the areas of Governance, Credit and Risk Management.
- Signed an MOU with the Union of Somali Co-operative Movement in Somali to enable CUK play a leading role in the reconstruction of the Co-operative Movement in Somali;