Google Scholar Profile/Account
Google Scholar provides researchers with a platform for showcasing their research in one location and enhancing the visibility of the research. One can also track the citations to their published works.
Step 1: Creating your basic profile
- Log on to scholar.google.com/ using your CUK email and click the “My Profile” link at the top of the page to get your account setup started.
- On the first screen, add your affiliation information and university email address, so Google Scholar can verify your account.
Nb: Unverified profiles can’t appear in search results.
- In the home page field, you can paste the link to your departmental faculty profile or the CUK home page link
Step 2: Adding your publications
- Google Scholar will provide a list of publications it thinks belong to you. Read through the list and select the papers you have authored by checking the box.
- Click on the blue shaded arrow at the top right corner of the page
Step 3: Settings
- Choose the option of either “Applying article updates automatically” or “Email me updates for review”. I do not recommend the first option especially if your name is shared by many people
Congratulations! You now have a Google Scholar Profile
Step: Getting back to your profile
- Simply log in to your email
- Open Google Scholar
- Click on My Profile at the top right corner of the page
Nb: Click on Profiles (google.com) to view CUK affiliated researchers and their profiles