A Google Scholar profile is a very simple way of collating your publications and citations to them so that others can find your work.
Step 1: Creating your basic profile
- Log on to scholar.google.com and click the “My Profile” link at the top of the page to get your account setup started.
- On the first screen, add your affiliation information and university email address, so Google Scholar can confirm your account.
- In the home page field, you can paste the link to your departmental faculty profile or the CUK home page link
Step 2: Adding your publications
- Google Scholar will provide a list of publications it thinks belong to you. Read through the list and select the ones you have authored by checking the box.
- Click on the blue shaded arrow at the top right corner of the page
Step 3: Settings
- Choose the option of either “Applying article updates automatically” or “Email me updates for review”. I do not recommend the first option especially if your name is shared by many people
- Congratulations! You now have a Google Scholar Profile
Step: Getting back to your profile
- Simply log in to your email
- Open Google Scholar
- Click on My Profile at the top right corner of the page